Coding & Cocktails: The Glass – HTML and Front-End Architecture
The Glass | Front-End Architecture & HTML
Join us for our monthly coding series, Coding & Cocktails. Women are invited to attend sessions to get an introduction to website building in a fun, laid-back atmosphere.
HTML is the foundation of the web. It provides structure for web pages and helps you to build the page content. Front-end architecture is the organization of code and project files. The combination of these two concepts provides the structure and the bones of a website. Or if you're creating a cocktail, it's the glass that holds your cocktail together.
Join us to learn about what tags and elements are, how to structure your front-end architecture and why all of this matters. You'll also get to try building out a web page with HTML on your own, with support from our fantastic mentors!
There will be lots of guidance and support for those with little to no coding experience so come join the fun!
- All Coding & Cocktails events are exclusively for women. We are trans and non-binary inclusive.
- No coding experience necessary (we mean that!)
- Wifi-enabled laptop is required (don't have one? Borrow one of ours)
- Must be at least 21 to attend
- Cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, and dinner served
- Please familiarize yourself with Kansas City Women in Technology's Code of Conduct.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID test within 48 hours of the event is required.
- Masking is strongly recommended but not required.
Do you need financial assistance to attend? View codingandcocktails.kcwomenintech.org/financialaid for more information.
If you are unable to attend, you must cancel 48 hours prior to the event to receive a refund!
Date and Time
Saturday Jun 17, 2023
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM CDT
250 Northwest Richards Road
Kansas City, MO 64116