Senior Java Full Stack Software Engineer
At AdPredictive, we build smart tools for smart people. We connect brands with their audiences across the entire media landscape with greater efficiency and effectiveness than ever before – empowering them to focus on what matters most in growing and shaping their businesses.
We’re looking for a Senior Java Full Stack Software Engineer to join the AdPredictive Technology team in our Kansas City office. We are a diverse group of open-minded, hardworking individuals who know how to both have fun and get things done. Our infrastructure is 100% cloud-based, leveraging a wide array of open-source and commercial technologies. The senior software engineer writes and maintains code to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Senior Software engineer plays a role in agile planning, providing advice and, guidance and monitoring emerging trends.
- Works with Product Management and Client Services to understand the challenges that customers and end-users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders following strict compliance and security guidelines and processes.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software that is aligned with agreed-upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Java development.
- Minimum of 3 years front end design and development experience.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform) and configuration management frameworks a plus.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas, and to influence and set a collaborative cadence for the team.
- System administration (Linux) and database administration (PostgreSQL, Redshift) experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts & troubleshooting tools/techniques.
- Scripting language experience (Python, PowerShell, Bash) a plus.
- Ability to objectively analyze technologies, and make recommendations based on technical and business merit.
AdPredictive offers the following as part of our extensive benefits package:
- The following are offered to our employees, free of cost:
- Dental insurance o Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee bonus program tied to company performance
- Company involvement in non-profit organizations directly benefiting the Kansas City area
- Employee Morale Program
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Monthly communication allowance
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Dependent Care FSA