nbkc currently looking for a data engineer to join our rockstar Data Analytics team. Check out the details below.
What you’ll do
• Deploy your problem solving and modeling capabilities on one of the most data-rich industries around: finance
• Contribute to all facets of the data ecosystem (storage, pipelines, reporting, etc.)
• Work directly with key business leaders to deliver insight that has a real impact on the bank and its customers
• Play an integral role in designing and building nbkc’s data architecture
• Keep pace with the latest research and cutting-edge open source projects in the field today.
• Automate the movement of data throughout the bank
• Support the progression and maturation of nbkc into the data science space
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics or related field
• 3+ years of work experience in data engineering, software development, data visualization or related topics
• 3+ years of experience writing production-oriented Python including major data libraries (Pandas, NumPy, etc.)
• 3+ years of experience with SQL
• A positive, self-motivated disposition and an excitement to tackle challenging problems
• Ability to communicate precisely on complex topics
• Knowledge of ETL and data warehousing best practices and processes
• Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases
• Ability to work comfortably in a Linux command line environment
• Familiarity working with cloud platforms
• Experience with git or other VCS
• Familiarity with machine learning principles
• Experience building components in Microsoft Azure
• Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI or other visualization tools
• Experience with data pipelines like Luigi or AirFlow
Our Hiring Process
After our HR team reviews your application and feels you’re a potential fit we will reach out with next steps. Things move fast at nbkc bank, and we work hard to meet our candidates on their time- sometimes that’s a phone screen, video interview, or even a cup of coffee before coming in to check out our space and meet our team. We are committed to keeping you updated along the way.
Here’s what you can look forward to when you join our team:
• Take care of yourself and your family with our comprehensive health coverage
• Save more for your future with our 401k retirement savings plan + a sweet company match with immediate vesting.
• Enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and 8 paid volunteer hours per year
• Spend time bonding with your family with paid parental leave options
• On-site gym facilities, personal trainer, and yoga instructor will get you moving
• On-site flu shots and health screenings make it easy to stay healthy
• Professional coaching and learning sessions help you build the career you want
• Casual dress code and work environment let you be yourself
• Arcade games and open spaces to meet and work on every floor keep your brain moving
• Flexible schedules let you take care of what you need to in and out of the office
• Enjoy a $1000 travel voucher or an extra week of PTO for your 5-year anniversary
• Take a 4-week paid sabbatical for your 10-, 18-, and 25-year anniversaries
Awards + accolades
We’ve been named one of KC’s Best Places to Work by Glassdoor in 2019 and the KCBJ in 2017, 2018, & 2019 ( yes, that’s a three-peat)... won a Glassdoor Top-Rated CEO Award, are Health KC Platinum certified, and were nominated as one of KCBJ’s coolest office spaces in town.
Our customers love us too. All our 5-star reviews? We know that’s a direct result of our employees feeling supported, valued, and invested in everything they do at nbkc.
Needless to say... people really like working here.
And we think you will too.
Join us to find out!
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.