nbkc isn’t your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better.
We know what we offer our customers is only as good as the people behind the scenes who keep it going. That’s why we make sure you’re supported and encouraged along the way. You’ll work with some awesome, intelligent and diverse people in a fun and forward-thinking environment and accomplish plenty of things you’ll wanna brag about.
nbkc is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all its practices, especially when it comes to growing our teams. We aim to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with employees from all walks of life.
We’re looking for an experienced, flexible data engineer to help build a lasting data foundation at nbkc. Check out the details below.
What you’ll do
- Deploy your problem solving and software skills on one of the most data-rich industries around: finance
- Contribute to all facets of the data ecosystem (storage, pipelines, reporting, etc.)
- Build pipelines that support the movement of data throughout nbkc
- Play an integral role in expanding nbkc’s data architecture
- Help nbkc scale upward by automating manual processes
- Keep pace with the latest research and cutting-edge open-source projects in the field today
- Work directly with key business leaders to deliver insight that has a real impact on the bank and its customers
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics or related field (High school diploma or GED required)
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehousing best practices and processes
- 3+ years of experience writing production-oriented Python as a software developer or data engineer
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases
- Ability to work comfortably in a Linux command line environment
- Familiarity working with cloud platforms
- Experience with git or other VCS
- A positive, self-motivated disposition and an excitement to tackle challenging problems
- Ability to communicate precisely on complex topics
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
- Experience building components in Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI or other visualization tools
- Experience with AirFlow
Our Hiring Process
After we review your application and feel you’re a potential fit we will reach out with next steps. Things move fast at nbkc bank, and we work hard to meet our candidates on their time- sometimes that’s a phone screen, video interview, or even a cup of coffee before meeting our team. We are committed to keeping you updated along the way.
Here’s what you can look forward to when you join our team:
- Take care of yourself and your family with our comprehensive health coverage
- Save more for your future with our 401k retirement savings plan with a generous match and immediate vesting from nbkc. Now that’s a sweet deal!
- Enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off, 13 paid holidays, and 8 paid volunteer hours per year
- Spend time bonding with your family with paid parental leave options
- On-site gym facilities, personal trainer, and yoga instructor will get you moving
- Support for the whole ‘YOU’: programs and activities to enhance your physical, mental, and financial well-being
- Flexible work options to allow you to do your job and live your life (Work-Life Integration for the win!)
- Enjoy anniversary awards for your 3 and 5 year anniversaries (That’s serious cash money towards your retirement account, student loan refinancing or your HSA).
- Take a 4-week paid sabbatical for your 10-, 18-, and 25-year anniversaries
Awards + accolades
We’ve been named one of KC’s Best Places to Work by Glassdoor in 2019 and the Kansas City Business Journal in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 (yes, that’s a four-peat)... won a Glassdoor Top-Rated CEO Award, are Health KC Platinum certified, and were nominated as one of KCBJ’s coolest office spaces in town.
Our customers love us too. All our 5-star reviews? We know that’s a direct result of our employees feeling supported, valued, and invested in everything they do at nbkc.
Needless to say... people really like working here.
And we think you will too.
Join us to find out!
nbkc bank is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation