Software engineers bring life to custom solutions that help innovate and move nbkc forward. Our engineers are passionate about what they do and thrive on creating solutions for the customers we serve now and in the future. As an nbkc software engineer, you will be responsible building custom software applications and integrations from ground up, as well as maintaining the current suite of solutions. You will work closely with the product team to understand business needs to ensure the ultimate result is on point. Software engineers’ value high quality code and take pride in the what is delivered to the consumer. Last but not least, we have fun!
What you’ll do
• Serve as a project team member during the development of custom applications from ideation to production deployment and support.
• Consistently look for ways to innovate within the team and organization.
• Work closely with a Software Architect to develop solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
• Ensure code quality through code testing and peer review.
• Foster a clear and consistent feedback loop with team leads and product management.
• Provide an escalation point for production support, acting as an intermediary between the support desk and application code.
• Respond rapidly to a changing business environment heavily impacted by regulation and economic climate.
• Maintain documentation for all custom applications and integrations.
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR a 2-year technical degree
• 4+ years of work-related experience in software delivery
• Experience in our primary technologies: C#, Angular, SQL, NoSQL
• Ability to think critically and analytically
• Thrives on ideation and creation of solutions to a variety of technical problems
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Flexible and easily adapts to change
• Works well in a team environment
• Solid communication skills, both verbally and written
• Hands on experience with cloud platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure
• Background in Python
• Experience working with multiple software design patterns
• Familiarity with The IDesign Method
• Previous experience in the financial industry
Our Hiring Process
After our HR team reviews your application and feels you’re a potential fit we will reach out with next steps. Things move fast at nbkc Bank, and we work hard to meet our candidates on their time- sometimes that’s a phone screen, video interview, or even a cup of coffee before coming in to check out our space and meet our team. We are committed to keeping you updated along the way.
Why you’ll love working at nbkc bank:
nbkc bank could not be further from your traditional banking organization. We’ve been recognized with many great honors and awards including the Best Places to Work in Kansas City; Glassdoor’s Top-Rated CEO Award, Employee’s Choice; Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work, and more. Just as our take on banking is far from traditional, so are the benefits of growing your career here at nbkc bank.
• Excellent health coverage for you and your family
• Paid parental leave
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a sweet company match
• 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO),10 Paid Company Holidays and 8 hours of Volunteer Time.
• A state-of-the-art corporate office with games and open space to get your creative juices flowing.
• Onsite personal trainer /Onsite Yoga instructor
• State of the art gym and yoga studio
• Flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work
• Fun, energetic, casual work environment.
If you think that’s cool, stay awhile and you will love the benefit of a 4-week paid sabbatical after your 10-year anniversary to go live boldly.