nbkc isn’t your average bank. We take your traditional financial institution and make it better. Personal checking and savings accounts, home loans, business accounts — we do all of that. We’re cool about it, though.
We know what we offer our customers is only as good as the people behind the scenes who keep it going. That’s why we make sure you’re supported and encouraged along the way. You’ll work with some awesome, intelligent and diverse people in a fun and forward-thinking environment and accomplish plenty of things you’ll wanna brag about.
nbkc is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all its practices, especially when it comes to growing our teams. We aim to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with employees from all walks of life.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our development team. Check out the details below.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a key contributor as the team builds and extends custom software solutions using modern languages and cloud technologies.
- Consistently look for ways to innovate within the team and organization.
- Expand your skills receiving the opportunity to explore new technologies.
- Work closely with a Software Architect to develop to build extensible, scalable, and maintainable solutions for our organization.
- Conduct peer code reviews that quality software product and foster constructive learning experiences.
- Maintain a clear and consistent feedback loop with team leads, architect, and product management.
- Provide superior software support to internal and external users as an escalation point within the information technology team.
- Respond rapidly to a changing business environment heavily impacted by regulation and economic climate.
- Maintain documentation for all custom applications and integrations.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR a 2-year technical degree
- 4+ years of work-related experience in software delivery
- Experience in our primary technologies: C#, Angular, SQL, NoSQL
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Thrives on ideation and creation of solutions to a variety of technical problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and easily adapts to change
- Works well in a team environment
- Solid communication skills, both verbally and written
- High school diploma or GED required
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Background in Python
- Experience working with multiple software design patterns
- Familiarity with The IDesign Method
- Previous experience in the financial industry
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Our Hiring Process
After our HR team reviews your application and feels you’re a potential fit we will reach out with next steps. Things move fast at nbkc bank, and we work hard to meet our candidates on their time- sometimes that’s a phone screen, video interview, or even a cup of coffee before coming in to check out our space and meet our team. We are committed to keeping you updated along the way.
Here’s what you can look forward to when you join our team:
- Take care of yourself and your family with our comprehensive health coverage
- Save more for your future with our 401k retirement savings plan + a sweet company match with immediate vesting.
- Enjoy 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and 8 paid volunteer hours per year
- Spend time bonding with your family with paid parental leave options
- On-site gym facilities, personal trainer, and yoga instructor will get you moving
- On-site flu shots and health screenings make it easy to stay healthy
- Professional coaching and learning sessions help you build the career you want
- Casual dress code and work environment let you be yourself
- Arcade games and open spaces to meet and work on every floor keep your brain moving
- Flexible schedules let you take care of what you need to in and out of the office
- Enjoy anniversary awards for your 3 and 5 year anniversaries (That’s serious cash money towards your retirement account, student loan refinancing you’re your HSA).
- Take a 4-week paid sabbatical for your 10-, 18-, and 25-year anniversaries
Awards + accolades:
We’ve been named one of KC’s Best Places to Work by Glassdoor in 2019 and the KCBJ in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 ( yes, that’s a four-peat)... won a Glassdoor Top-Rated CEO Award, are Health KC Platinum certified, and were nominated as one of KCBJ’s coolest office spaces in town.
Our customers love us too. All our 5-star reviews? We know that’s a direct result of our employees feeling supported, valued, and invested in everything they do at nbkc.
Needless to say... people really like working here.
And we think you will too.
Join us to find out!
nbkc bank is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation