Design Engineer II
We are Dimensional Innovations (DI). Our bold and innovative team is fueled by passion, curiosity and innovation, delivering design thinking that works. It’s how we liberate people from mediocre experiences. DI is a design-build company comprised of Designers, Makers and Innovators working together to create world-class experiences, places and products.
We are seeking to add an experienced Design Engineer to our team. This role will be responsible for working on a team of engineers to create and provide unique solutions for our diverse clients and projects. The right candidate will be a creative problem solver while always being able to “think outside of the box”. This is not a traditional engineering position. Please note that candidates without SolidWorks experience cannot be considered at this time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reading, interpreting and preparing production and submittal drawings (These drawings may include way-finding floor plans, interior
- elevations, shop drawings, blue prints and graphic layouts)
- Communicating effectively with all internal departments, at all levels of the company
- Utilizing SolidWorks 3D modeling software, AutoCAD (or similar) and Illustrator at high levels everyday
- Working in a deadline-driven, manufacturing environment
- A passion for engineering and contributing to the building of innovative designs
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced, deadline-driven and ever-changing work environment
- Ability to work effectively autonomously as well as part of a team to find solutions with a collaborative, positive attitude
- Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of recent professional experience using SolidWorks 3D Modeling software
- Experience using AutoCAD (or similar) and Adobe Illustrator in professional setting
- Experience with Rhino and Grasshopper
- Thorough knowledge of materials, technology and fabrication techniques
- Training in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or similar field
- Sign industry knowledge
- Exposure to CNC machining
Interested in joining our team?
Permission to play at DI starts with the ability to be a team player, possess a positive attitude while under a tight deadline and demonstrate an uncommon commitment to your work. Please visit our website (www.dimin.com) to see some of the amazing work we do!
This is a salaried (exempt) position with a full benefit package including 401k with a company match. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please. A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/jobs.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, provide transparency into company performance and directly tie daily behavior to impact DI’s performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid driver’s license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and depends on diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences for all.