Critical Facilities Engineer
Location: 1102 Grand – Kansas City, MO
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Education Level: High school
Who We Are
Netrality Data Centers is a growing private-equity backed owner-operator of strategic interconnection properties. With eighteen premier data centers located in six metropolitan markets, Netrality continues to acquire strategic network interconnection data centers and develop Meet Me Rooms and wholesale data center space within those properties to offer the highest quality and most robust direct network interconnections in the market.
Netrality offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to our employees, notably:
- Multiple offerings for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life, short- and long-term disability, and AD&D insurance
- Paid parental leave, fertility support, 401k matching
- Employee discount services through our partner’s savings platform
- $1:$1 company match for all eligible charitable gifts
Who We Need
Netrality has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Critical Facilities Engineer to be a part of a well-established engineering team within a data center/colocation space and commercial office building. The successful candidate will effectively and efficiently operate and maintain all HVAC and related equipment and provide environmental control to the property.
Netrality is a close-knit team of A-players. This is a great opportunity for the right person to establish efficiencies and best practices enterprise-wide, with the potential for growth within the function over time.
Description of Responsibilities
- Provide prompt and courteous response to customers within the guidelines set forth by Netrality
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors and tenants
- Perform as a team member with fellow data center team
- Stay abreast of the latest technology as related to building systems and equipment and emergency response regarding fire and life safety.
- Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
- Conducts utility and equipment tests to include Fire Pumps, Emergency Diesel Generators, and Switchgear.
- Maintains continuous operations of equipment by troubleshooting and repairing.
- Appropriately address and expeditiously resolve tenant maintenance and engineering problems
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all types of HVAC and related equipment
- Support tenant relationships by partnering with property management and data center teams
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all mechanical equipment and HVAC equipment as outlined by the Chief Engineer or the Senior Engineer including, but not limited to pumps, chiller and cooling towers, boilers, air compressors, and air handling units
- Make adjustments and changes to base building HVAC and related equipment to maintain established comfort zones within the guidelines set forth by the Chief Engineer or Senior Engineer
- Start and stop HVAC machinery under the direction of the Chief Engineer or Senior Engineer
- Perform general repairs, maintenance, and replacement of building components including, but not limited to walls and ceilings of data center and office spaces, plumbing and electrical work, and A/C controls
- Participate in the chemical program including biocides, chemical analysis, and continuous inventory of chemicals onsite
- Maintain plant logs and files where appropriate include engine room, chemical usage, and maintenance
- Order, stock, and inventory parts and supplies as directed by the Chief Engineer or Senior Engineer
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
- High School Diploma required; industry related certifications strongly preferred
- Critical Facility Engineering experience strongly preferred
- Experience with commercial building operation and maintenance a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical work
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. of materials
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Licensed Stationary Engineer and/or refrigerant certification would be preferred.
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required. Proficiency in Tridium Niagara strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.
- Able to create, interpret, and follow departmental procedures such as MOPs, SOPs, and EOPs.
- Perform all work in a safe manner
- Willingness to be flexible in shifts worked, including night shift
- Willingness to be on-call for after-hours emergencies, should they emerge
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decisions
- Follow all current emergency procedures set forth by Netrality and the assigned property
- Excellent communicator and works well as a member of a team
- Experience working independently as well as collaboratively; effectively managing priorities while meeting hard deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally with ease
- Proficient with computer, commonly using email, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, initiative taker
- Drive to learn new skills and improve processes
- Highest ethical and professional conduct and integrity
- Adhere to all guidelines and expectations set forth in company's corporate handbook and CBA
Netrality Management Co., LLC, Netrality Property Management Company, LLC and its affiliate companies are equal opportunity employers, abiding by all federal, state, and local laws and employment regulations. Netrality Management Co., LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of any protected classes and encourages being a provider of an inclusive and diverse workplace.