IT Assurance Specialist
About Cboe’s Global Internal Audit Team
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a growing global internal audit team. The mission of Cboe’s Internal Audit Department is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing objective assurance and guidance. We are committed to continuous improvement and influencing positive change in support of achieving Cboe’s strategic objectives. We seek to achieve these goals by fostering an environment of learning, collaboration, candor, respect, and authenticity.
The IT Assurance Specialist will be the subject matter expert in support of technical audit and advisory projects for existing technologies as well as emerging - across infrastructure, security, and network domains including on-prem solutions and cloud. With technology supporting every facet of our company, this role will require close collaboration with members of the Cboe Internal Audit team to support not only IT audit centric projects, but the execution of operational, regulatory, data analytics or advisory projects.
The other key responsibility of the successful candidate is driving the Internal Audit Department’s continuous improvement initiatives including, but not limited to, cybersecurity auditing and assurance techniques, the design and development of process automation, data analytics, machine learning, and system integration in support of the global Internal Audit plan.
The IT Assurance Specialist will be responsible for:
- Leading and supporting the execution of technical IT audit or advisory projects, such as:
- Investing time gaining a thorough understanding of Cboe’s technologies and processes.
- Applying that knowledge to perform risk-based planning and scoping.
- Assessing IT and process risks and controls/requirements.
- Developing and applying different audit methodologies and tests.
- Providing formal feedback focused on addressing root cause of identified issues.
- Providing ongoing oral feedback or challenge regarding technical IT risk and controls topics.
- Assisting in the development of the annual audit and resource planning process, including linking Cboe’s strategic initiatives to technology risks.
- Working with stakeholders across Cboe’s global IT environment to meet company objectives.
- Anticipating and proactively addressing project issues or concerns, applying thoughtful judgment and elevating to management as appropriate.
- Monitoring the status and resolution of open audit issues and action plans.
- Supporting regulatory and compliance requests related to technical IT audit requests and/or projects.
- Performing developer and administrator duties related to third-party Audit Management software (Onspring) to develop streamlined processes, enhance user interface and enforce data security.
- Introducing and implementing new ideas or concepts – i.e., agile audit methods, continuous auditing, data analytics, and automation.
- Providing guidance and training on technical IT topics to other team members.
- Proven ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments in a deadline-driven environment, and accept ownership of the process and results.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy; able to work independently.
- Strong technical knowledge at the application, network, operating system and database layers (e.g., Windows, Linux or UNIX-like operating systems, SQL, Python).
- Strong knowledge of cyber security process domains and related frameworks (e.g., NIST) and architecture, including cloud security.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Systems or other technical related field.
- Minimum four years of experience in a technical field.
- Possessing or currently pursuing a technical IT-related certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISMP or related certifications.
- Some travel to Chicago, New York or internationally to London, Amsterdam, or other Cboe global office locations.