Project Finance Analyst/Associate
Diode Ventures is currently seeking a Project Finance Analyst/Associate to join its team. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years’ experience in project finance, project development or investment banking, with an emphasis on energy and infrastructure projects. Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrate initiative, and have the judgment and confidence to work independently with clients and colleagues. The Associate will report to and support the Director of Project Finance on various project finance transactions and will work with a close-knit team to support development and acquisitions. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for understanding energy financing programs, solar markets and credits as it applies to financing. This individual will support the team in tracking legislative, regulatory and market changes that impact financing opportunities for potential customers, undertake debt and tax equity modeling of solar PV and energy efficiency projects to assist the business development team in varied markets and regions. The role will also be heavily involved in supporting buy/sell side project due diligence efforts, in collaboration with other parts of the Diode organization. This is a hands-on position which will require a high attention to detail and rigorous financial modeling. The Project Finance Associate must possess a strong desire to support the growing finance and business development efforts for a rapidly growing company.
LOCATION: Flexible, US,
- Create and / or work with complex financial models which support the analysis of energy or infrastructure assets or companies in those sectors.
- Support due diligence efforts for select transactions, including the coordination of financial modeling, legal, tax, technical and insurance and manage external transaction advisors for projects under responsibility.
- Facilitate the coordination between the various internal teams and departments working on and supporting the delivery of turnkey development projects, including design, construction, finance, legal and internal approvals.
- Performing strategic and quantitative analyses, conduct due diligence and determine appropriate company and/or project valuation and capital structure
- Independently executing primary and secondary research on markets, industries and companies • Executing transactions and supporting due diligence efforts for projects under responsibility
- Cashflow or valuation modelling experience
- Understanding of structured and project finance
- Direct experience with project finance and/or investment banking; Energy sector preferred
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
- Energy market experience in one of the following sectors is preferred; utility scale renewables, distributed generation (i.e. rooftop solar, CHP etc.), digital or telecommunications infrastructure financing, energy services, retail electricity, natural gas transportation or distribution
- Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures
- Successful experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects and independently drive for results
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable with value of high performance
- The ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, prepare high quality reports and presentations, and to maintain high levels of quality with a heavy work load.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and communicate complex financial information and issues to a varied internal and external audience.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Behavioral capabilities: self-motivated, problem solving, strong personality and leadership, common sense, attention to detail, ability to learn and sense of humor
LOCATION: Flexible, US
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Math or Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of two years relevant experience or master’s degree in Finance or Business
Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.