The role, in a nutshell:
As Cboe’s high impact Systems Engineer you will be an integral part of the Technology team, providing world class service to our internal clients, effectively managing projects and executing ongoing programs. You will be working in a small team of technologists that provide support to the Atlassian collaboration tools: Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket. You will help support the entire application stack from the Linux OS down to the configuration of individual spaces and projects within the tools. You will be responsible for providing guidance to business partners as they work to automate solutions and provide processes, statistics, and documentation for their own work tasks. You will have the opportunity to explore and utilize a myriad of technology products and programming tools to support our environment consisting of off-the-shelf products and custom-built applications. You will be expected to stay current with the direction of the technology and to share your learnings with the small team and the wider Cboe staff.
What we are looking for…
Self-starting, knowledge seekers capable of working autonomously on projects from the high-visibility, high-impact types to the low-visibility, administrative types of activities.
This role might be for you if you enjoy the following…
- Assisting with daily administration of multiple large-scale Atlassian Data Center applications.
- Researching business processes, consulting with other teams to determine appropriately streamlined dynamic solutions implemented on Atlassian collaboration tools.
- Leading the design, development, implementation, and maintenance for new solutions and modifications in Atlassian applications including project/space management and other configuration components (workflows, dashboards, reports, validators, post functions, REST endpoints, etc…).
- Coordinating with various technical and operational teams to ensure best in class operation and automation of the Atlassian applications.
- Managing system performance, redundancy, and off-site failover for the Atlassian applications and databases.
- Educating the staff on the capabilities of the Atlassian tools and how to use them effectively.
- Providing responsive support for day-to-day questions and change requests from the user community.
- Monitoring Atlassian applications for performance, analyzes\ performance metrics, recommend and implement system improvements to support the continued operation of critical infrastructure.
- Cooperating with a growing team of Engineers participating in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Staying connected with the Atlassian community to keep up-to-date with the latest tools and trends.
- Following company policies and procedures to ensure data security and proper change control.
Your career journey looks like this
- 3 years of experience with administering Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket.and Linux systems and familiarity with database software, such as PostgreSQL.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a related field preferred.
- Ability to translate business requirements into complex workflows and technical processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical teams.
- Ability to demonstrate and rapidly learn programming in disciplines such as Python, Java, or Groovy.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum to develop software and infrastructure.
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.