Application Support Analyst II
The Information and Technology Group of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has an exciting opportunity for an Application Support Analyst II. We are looking for a team member who would enjoy working for an organization that strives every day to support the public good and make a difference. Are you driven to utilize your customer service and communication skills to build long-lasting rapport? If so, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
This position is located in the NAIC’s state-of-the-art offices in Town Pavilion in the heart of downtown Kansas City which includes great restaurants and top-notch entertainment venues. This is a full-time position in a positive and flexible environment.
Provides dedicated support to customers in order to ensure that the users of the applications are able to leverage functionality in an efficient and effective manner.
- Has an excellent and thorough understanding of the supported applications and web services both business rules and technical specifications.
- Supports users in production by working independently to respond to phone and e-mail customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Resolves complex issues related to web service integration, system issues, and user education questions.
- Troubleshoots issues, writes SQL queries to locate data problems, and assists developers and liaisons in identifying root causes of newly identified issues.
- Assists in testing all facets of supported applications including application releases and hardware or software upgrades or changes. Provides detailed documentation of results in QA & PROD.
- Writes and maintains detailed and accurate documentation of changes to current features and processes. Proofreads and provides input on the documentation of other staff.
- Develops and delivers training presentations and material. Assists other staff in development of training material and provides constructive feedback for improvements in training delivery.
- Speaks effectively before any size group and before all levels of management or state regulatory personnel; must be able to communicate ideas or prototypes through formal presentations to all types of audiences.
- Ability to understand and communicate computer terminology and concepts, including principles of software development, Internet browsers, software development, web servers, and APIs.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to master internally developed and vendor-developed web-based, client/server, and stand-alone PC NAIC applications.
- Experience with querying tools such as Microsoft Access, SQL Navigator or SQL Plus, including the ability to write complex SQL queries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Minimum Education and/or experience required:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in a related discipline from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with customer or technical support; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in technical support and/or customer service.
- Flexible Work Environment
- 37.5 Hour Work Week
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Choice of Insurance Plans
- Vacation Buy Back
- Infants in the Work Place
- Adoption Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Days Off for Community Service
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Fitness Center
The NAIC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For consideration, please apply online at:
Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.