Business Analysis Manager (SBS)
The ITG Division of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analysis Manager. We are looking for a team member who would enjoy working for an organization that strives every day to support the public good and make a difference. Are you driven to utilize your leadership and customer services skills to build long-lasting rapport? If so, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
The primary focus of this role is delivering value by executing the product roadmap. Also, by providing competent, motivated, and available Agile Team members and driving the Business Analysis capability to create the needed Continuous Delivery Pipeline to meet SBS business objectives.
- Assists with tracking the execution of features and capabilities and provides the needed Business Analysis capability for SBS.
- Assists with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary.
- Coaches’ leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets. Helps manage risks and dependencies and escalate and track impediments. Provides input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks and encourages collaboration between teams. Works with key stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Provides direct strategic vision input related to the SBS system/applications as well as strategic growth and development plans for current BAs and SMs, challenging the status quo and defining/training/implementing best practices that position the BA and SM function for long-term success.
- Plans, optimizes, and allocates BA and SM resources with their skillsets that achieve SBS business objectives; identifies knowledge gaps in resources and creates development plans to address gaps within the team and build resources for succession progression into their next role without jeopardizing business objective delivery.
- Assists with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) events including but not limited to Program Increment (PI) Planning and PI Demos.
- In conjunction with other SBS leaders and as part of the SBS Leadership Team, delivers and maintains the Continuous Delivery Pipeline to improve the responsiveness and quality of SBS. Eliminates impediments, identifies systemic impediments, and seeks assistance as needed. Provides oversight and fosters Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility in addition to team engagement and effectiveness. Serves as Epic Owner to guide major initiatives which includes active management of risks and dependencies and escalation and tracking of impediments. Contributes to Program Backlog.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as backup to Assistant Director or peers when unavailable.
- Manages 5-15 staff members related to assigned specialization/capabilities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience formally managing relationships and engaging customers and other stakeholders.
- Exhibited skills in leading formal projects involving the coordination of resources and goals.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff and business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at various levels.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Experience in use of JIRA preferred.
- Experience as a Business Analyst and/or Scrum Master preferred.
Minimum Education and/or experience required:
- Master’s Degree and 12 years related work experience; or Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a 4-year college or university or Associate’s degree from a 2-year college and 15 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous management experience is required.
- Must have extensive experience in IT and business/industry with increasing responsibilities and direct interaction with customers and technical teams. Requires in-depth knowledge of agile development practices.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience.
- Scrum Master and Business Analysis-related experience.
Why Work at the NAIC/NIPR?
- Flexible Work Environment
- 37.5 Hour Work Week
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Choice of Insurance Plans
- Vacation Buy Back
- Infants in the Work Place
- Adoption Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Days Off for Community Service
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Fitness Center
The NAIC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For consideration, please apply online at:
Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.