Business Intelligence Engineer II
The National Insurance Producer Registry has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Engineer II. This is a full-time position which will allow a person to work remotely, hybrid, or in the NIPR’s physical office space. The NIPR’s office is located in the Town Pavilion building just a block from Kansas City’s Power and Light District. Town Pavilion includes a fitness center, and great restaurants.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of Business Intelligence Data warehouse solution
- Leverages the data warehouse to provision datasets that meet reporting requirements set by the business
- Builds and maintains processes to consume data from external APIs into the data warehouse for necessary projects
- Responsible for ETL processes needed within the data warehouse to manipulate and transform data for internal/external use
- Facilitates communication with business leadership to relay high value insights to support decision making
- Uses scripting languages for ad Hoc data requests in conjunction with data warehouse data to provide highly customized reports and extracts
- Collaborates with other teams to define, collect, and visualize performance metrics across the organization.
- Serves as business data SME, possesses in-depth knowledge of NIPR databases
- Knows what we do and do not have available
- Knows where to find data requested by the business.
- Identifies areas lacking data needed for reporting and recommends solutions to obtain that data.
- Works to ensure all extracts, ETLs, and reports are up to date and working relating to the data warehouse
- Troubleshoots data warehouse issues preventing data from updating
- Works with BI analysts and stakeholders to identify reporting requirements and provide solutions on how to meet those requirements
- Follows NAIC/NIPR accepted guidelines on version control for all technical development
- Defines dashboarding standards and ensures they are met in all production dashboards
- Serves as Tableau mentor/SME and resource to anyone creating dashboards
- Works with other members of the Data Insights team to coordinate end to end data solutions from inception to published reports
- Displays leadership and sets good examples
- Effectively estimates work of self and other team members
- Cooperate with the IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible to leverage big data use cases
- Must have strong background in SQL
- Proven proficiency in reporting and BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Amazon QuickSights, JReports
- Must possess strong communication skills. Communicates ideas, concerns, and issues effectively both written and verbally.
- Experience in REST APIs required
- Displays willingness to learn modern technologies to support and operate data warehouse
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability for technical and creative problem solving.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or another related analytical field and 5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in data management, data analytics, data engineering, data science or similar
- Experience working with data warehousing platforms such as Snowflake or Informatica
- Cloud technology experience is preferred
- Exposure to architecting and deploying analytics data warehouse
- Experience with document-oriented databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Exposure to the entire software development life cycle – particularly utilizing the SAFE values and methods.
- Remote and Hybrid schedules
- 37.5 Hour Work Week
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Choice of Insurance Plans
- Vacation Buy Back
- Adoption Assistance
- Infants in the Workplace
- Parental Leave
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Days Off for Community Service
- Student Loan Repayment Program
The NIPR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.