Data Warehouse Engineer
Essense of Australia is a dynamic international bridal wholesaler and retailer with key offices in Lenexa, Kansas (US), Perth, Australia and Zug, Switzerland. Our growing organization also operates in the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. A global leader in bridal fashion for more than 25 years, Essense continues to build a steady, reliable, and exciting presence in the U.S. and across the globe, with our designs sold in more than 1,200 stores and counting. Our success can be attributed to our exquisite gown designs, strong partnerships with our stores and unwavering commitment to our brides.
We thrive on creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and innovation. But we balance that with individuals that are methodical, disciplined, and strong with processes and documentation.
We are searching for a Data Warehouse Engineer who will develop and maintain solutions that support the Company’s data warehouse activities. These activities will include ETL processes, documentation, and the short-term to long-term support models. The individual in this role must be methodical and disciplined in their approach and understand database structures and should have training in ETL tools, particularly SSIS. Experience with data integration through API, POST, REST, CRUD and JSON as well as MySQL, PL-SQL and T-SQL are required to be successful in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain company data quality standards; by actively evaluating data processing for accuracy, timeliness, completeness, consistency, and validity
- Monitoring and resolving package/job failures and successes daily including an on-call rotation
- Support and optimize data connections, monitoring, and scheduling, including proactively making suggestions for efficiency improvements throughout the year
- Script data marts using appropriate methods for granularities with the ability to design creative solutions
- Help model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and impact critical business processes and/or decisions
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, its systems, and how data, our BI & Data Warehouse tools and reporting helps support the company’s strategic objectives through both quantitative and qualitative data
- Work with the Business and BI & Data Warehouse team to translate business rules and needs into data transformations
- Develop estimates of time needed to 1) gather requirements from the business and 2) work with BI & Data Warehouse team to build and test data set
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred; equivalent relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of ETL work including conducting data quality assessments, data validation and data cleansing activities
- Familiarity with data management tools and optimizing systems within star schema structures
- Deep experience in T-SQL, SSIS, APIs, and SQL Server.
- Experience in MySQL, PL-SQL
- Optimal: Python, R, Azure, and Azure Data Factory experience
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Thorough, research driven approach and a willingness to consult and collaborate with others to overcome obstacles and achieve the best results
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to set goals and execute independently
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to have regular/scheduled off-hours meetings with Australian office colleagues and internal customers
- Excitement towards learning new tools, technologies and systems with a proven aptitude and initiative to learn
- Insistence on understanding the business use of the data to determine the best technological suggestion/solution
- Deep understanding of navigating data warehouses and relational database structures
- Must be solution oriented with the proven ability to present multiple solutions for each problem/challenge
- Ability to know and adhere (and help develop) best practice while maintaining flexibility for novel solutions to unique opportunities
- Expert knowledge of ETL, data warehousing, and performance tuning
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement information technology solutions to meet business needs with little to no direction
- Strong ability to balance customers’ needs while focusing on best technical design which includes delivering on promises
- We exist to delight our stores, our brides, and our employees.
- We do things fast. We experiment. We launch. We succeed. We do it all over again, each time better than the time before.
- We focus on every detail and are proud of that commitment to excellence.
- We are master jugglers of time, projects, and ideas. And we don’t drop the ball.
- We embrace challenges as opportunities and thrive in overcoming them.
- We work hard and play hard – because we’re so passionate about what we do and like to have fun along the way.
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork, and embraces sustainability. We recognize and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talented individuals to thrive. As such, we provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, with significant opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.
If you have the skills and drive to help us further our growth, please follow the prompts to submit a cover letter, resume, and online application. Please note: We believe cover letters are important to help us understand why you are interested in this position and your unique story and qualifications. If you sincerely desire to work with us, please take this into consideration when submitting your materials.