DI exists to relieve the world of mediocre experiences and to create remarkable ones. Our people make the remarkable possible through an unwavering display of uncommon commitment each day.
Reporting to the assigned Creative Director, this role is a vital part of the Creative Studio. The Designer will work with our internal teams and external stakeholders to contribute design solutions on assigned projects with a heavy focus on with architectural design, interior design, space layout, and FFE. The designer is enthusiastic, talented and thrives in working in a highly collaborative environment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS may include but are not limited to:
- Executes and delivers project-based solutions with speed and quality, while incorporating and maintaining project leadership’s direction and feedback.
- Contributes to client presentations as assigned
- Hand sketches, digitally renders and/or illustrates solutions throughout a variety of Design Phases: Discovery, Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development and Construction Documentation.
- Designs interior spaces with safety and functionality top of mind
- Designs with a strong eye toward aesthetics, brand integrations, and storytelling with the use of lighting design, material pallets that are brand forward and brand specific
- Develops architectural planning documentation; accounts for architectural elements, furniture arrangements, and traffic patterns
- Understands project deadlines and milestones.
- Designs with awareness of federal, state, and local building regulations; stays up to date with any changes in regulations
- Showcase independent thinking/solutions and autonomy in design development
- Interfaces directly with internal departments to learn, understand and incorporate potential build solutions.
- Researches, selects, and specifies materials and finishes when needed
- Understand material costs, time limits and production methods in relation to design development
- Exudes a “Go where needed” attitude and outline on role.
- Displays initiative in everyday tasks as well as development of personal and studio goals.
- Support the success of studio team members
- Coordinates, communicates, and presents to clients when needed.
- Maintains strong range of design aesthetics and remains flexible while incorporating client provided brand standards.
- Stays up to date with popular culture, trends, and industry news
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency in design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketchup). research skills (for storytelling) & digital or hand sketching abilities in order to convey design concepts
- Ability to learn new skills and software quickly
- Ability to take direction and constructive critique well
- Ability to bring authentic design to all work assigned
- Possess a developing knowledge of material and fabrication methods relevant to design
- Comfortable with aggressive timelines and ability to multi-task with multi-projects
- High energy level, exceptional organizational skills, and a keen eye for detail, including analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate fluency with basic commercial building materials, details and construction techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively with other building designers, engineers, and architects
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.F.A) in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Industrial Design, Interior Architecture or related field
- 3+ years of heavy architectural design experience
Interested in joining our team?
Permission to play at DI starts with the ability to be a team player, possess a positive attitude while under a tight deadline and demonstrate an uncommon commitment to your work. Please visit our website (www.dimin.com) to see some of the amazing work we do!
This is a salaried (exempt) position with a full benefits package including 401k with a company match. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please. A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/jobs.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, provide transparency into company performance and directly tie daily behavior to impact DIs performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid drivers license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and depends on diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences for all.