Director of IT
Our bold and innovative team is fueled by passion, curiosity and innovation, delivering design thinking that works. It’s how we liberate people from mediocre experiences. Dimensional Innovations (DI) is a group of Designers, Makers and Innovators working together to create world-class experiences, places and products.
Reporting to the President and CFO, this role has ownership of the establishment and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and ensures its integration with DI’s business strategy. This position has oversight for DI’s information technology, including enterprise architecture, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management. The IT Director will further develop DI’s IT strategy, drive innovation, and continuously improve the IT platform to deliver solutions that driver user productivity and support business growth. This position leads and manages the IT Team (and external partners), but also provides hands-on user support and troubleshooting as needed. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading computer software and hardware and equipment throughout the organization.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Leads IT strategic planning efforts including, but not limited to: The identification and evaluation of new technologies, the prioritization of IT initiatives on the IT roadmap, and the management of IT systems to support user productivity and business growth
- Fosters partnerships and builds relationships across all departments within the organization and advises on technologies that may improve department efficiencies and effectiveness
- Provides leadership and direction to a professional IT team and promotes a culture of collaboration and support through coaching and mentoring
- Manages vendor relationships and contract management discipline to protect DI’s best interests, control costs, drive service excellence and mitigate risks
- Ensures that there are well defined implementation plans and timelines for the successful execution of new or upgraded information systems
- Documents and communicates key IT policies, within the IT team and throughout the organization as appropriate
- Identifies security vulnerabilities and eliminates them with solutions that increase data safety
- Creates data security and information management policies that mitigates a broad range of cybersecurity risks
- Identifies and recommends emerging and competitive technology solutions while maintaining existing solutions and ensuring necessary software updates are made
- Maintains currency with technology trends and strategies, both at a high level and on a relevant vendor-specific micro-level
- Fosters and promotes a culture of outstanding customer service to end users
- Utilizes high-level understanding of end user workflows to understand and communicate the impact of outages and changes
- Trains and educates staff on security best practices
- Improves the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the team using excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Utilizes tier 2 and tier 3 Helpdesk as required
We are seeking candidates with:
- Strong IT fundamentals with an in-depth knowledge of evolving technologies in IT architecture, networks, security, data management, and reporting tools
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and instill confidence with peers and stakeholders
- Proven experience leading large, complex and/or transformational initiatives
- Working knowledge of ITSM framework/best practices and ability to understand the concepts, processes, and standards for managing enterprise IT systems
- Demonstrated experience working in a heterogenous environment with both Microsoft Windows and MacOS computers, all participating in a Windows-based network
- Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats
- Strong presentation skills, with a sensitivity to the needs and expectation of a diverse group of constituencies
- Experience presenting IT plans, architectures, and strategies to all levels of users and management in ways that are informative, comprehensive, and persuasive
- Experience working with creativity, engineering, and development software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, 3DS Max, AutoCAD, etc.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and thorough attention to detail
- Strong organization, planning, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field), or equivalent professional experience
- 15+ years of progressively increasing responsibility and achievement in the IT Services area
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership roles creating and executing an IT vision and strategy that inspires and motivates staff
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and direct an IT team
- Certifications relevant to position such as Microsoft MTA, Apple ACSP, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, etc.
Interested in joining our team?
Permission to play at DI starts with the ability to be a team player, possess a positive attitude while under a tight deadline and demonstrate an uncommon commitment to your work. Please visit our website (www.dimin.com) to see some of the amazing work we do!
This is a salaried (exempt) position with a full benefit package including 401k with a company match. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please. A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/jobs.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, provide transparency into company performance and directly tie daily behavior to impact DI’s performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid driver’s license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and depends on diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences for all.