Head of Engineering
Who are we?
Sellozo is a SaaS business that has built a suite of tools for e-Commerce sellers to manage and optimize their online sales. Advanced analytics and reporting along with machine learning and automation make Sellozo indispensable for both individual sellers as well as Agencies and Consultant groups.
Why work with us?
- Be part of the leadership team defining the path of a fast-growing SaaS business in a massively growing industry.
- Fast-paced and iterative innovation is at the heart of what we do - you will work alongside talented engineers and designers that have a passion for launching new business ideas to market, and growing at scale
- You will have the opportunity to innovate and rapidly build an idea from the ground up, with autonomy to try multiple approaches
- You will be actively participating in shaping the vision and direction of the product to our customers’ delight
- We have a freedom PTO policy to help everyone maintain a positive work/life balance
What will you do?
As Head of Engineering, you’ll hit the ground running to help us:
- Develop business strategy with the Sellozo Leadership Team
- Based on the business strategy, you will develop the technology roadmap for the engineering team.
- Run an agile development process for the engineering team.
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years of experience developing web services using Java
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of engineers
- Extensive experience with databases (ideally Postgres, Redshift, Mongo)
- Extensive experience with AWS
- Experience working in an Agile development process and has good understanding of various phases of Software Development Life Cycle?
- Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like git or SVN
- Experience setting up and managing QA and Deployment processes
- Strong analytical mind to help solve complicated problems
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision. Ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
What will you get?
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k match, relaxed vacation policy – employees have freedom to take paid time off as needed
- Food & Drinks: catered lunch twice a week, snacks and sodas, beer fridge on site
- Games: play pool, table tennis, darts, or basketball in the office
- Social: we routinely have social events, both in and out of the office