Information Security Officer
At nbkc bank, we know what we offer our customers is only as good as the people behind the scenes who keep it going. That’s why we make sure you’re supported and encouraged along the way. You’ll work with awesome people in a fun and forward-thinking environment, and accomplish plenty of things you’ll wanna brag about. We are currently looking for an Information Security Officer. Check out the details below.
What you’ll do
• Responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of the Bank-wide information security risk management program incorporating interagency regulatory guidelines and industry best practices. Works in conjunction with IT, Risk Management, Compliance, Auditing, and Physical Security Personnel to promote a cohesive ISP. Ensures that all reasonable precautions are considered to protect all bank information including customer information.
• Conducts annual IT Risk Assessment and is responsible for ongoing board reporting related to the Information Security Risk Management Program, including reporting residual risk levels.
• Responsible for the development, maintenance, training and testing of the Bank’s business continuity/disaster recovery plans.
• Responsible for the creation, implementation and management of a bank-wide Vendor Management/Service Provider Oversight program. This program should include the ongoing Vendor Risk Assessments and provider due diligence.
• Responsible for the creation, implementation and management of a bank-wide incident response and reporting program. This program should include the ongoing review/testing of incident notification channels and the training/testing of the overall program.
• In conjunction with the Network Administrator, reviews information systems and procedures to minimize the probability of security vulnerability. Researches new security vulnerabilities, technologies and methods relative to environment.
• Creates and leads training classes on various Information Technology topics, ranging from basic end-user system and office packages to advanced information security and platform applications to meet business needs. Responsible for ongoing training of Bank staff related to the Information Security Program, Business Continuity Plans and Incident Response Programs.
• Maintains ongoing Information Security calendar for oversight, review and testing required for the institution.
• Responsible for the regular review of system reports to ensure appropriate controls over system changes, logical access to critical systems, remote access and patch management programs.
• Provides oversight of the technical documentation for all areas within the Information Technology structure to meet regulatory requirements. In addition, monitors and tests change-management for system platforms.
• Follows all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in business or MIS/Computer Science related field
• 5 years of progressive experience in an Information Technology role with direct experience in information security.
• Banking or financial services industry experience a plus
• Expert knowledge of database and software system administration skills, strong knowledge of automated tools and network security processes
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Windows operating system
• Advanced analytical skills with business focus
• Ability to gather user requirements and translate business processes into automation projects
• Self learner and resourceful to find solutions
• Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
• Strong business communication skills at an end-user and management level, both written and verbal