Infrastructure Administrator III
Who We Are:
At Grantham our students are at the forefront of everything we do and we are passionate about maximizing their potential. We have been making a difference and impacting the lives of students since 1951. We have this same passion for our employees. Are you looking to build a solid career and make an impact in the lives of others? If the answer is Yes! We have an exciting opportunity for you!
What We Have to Offer:
Just as we help our students maximize their potential, we’ll also help you maximize yours. From our full-time staff to our faculty, Grantham provides amazing job growth opportunities with a competitive compensation and benefits package, health and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, a culture of service and generosity, and a robust employee recognition program. Employees, their spouses and dependents leverage our generous tuition benefit, by earning any degree FREE of charge.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Grantham host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Manage server network configurations, cabling, connectivity, switching, routing, firewalls, and network load balancing.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Responsible for maintaining records related to network configuration, system changes, system downtime and equipment inventory.
- Plan, implement, and test all disaster recovery functions of the data centers including storage replication, application replication, and tape backups.
- Ensure the anti-virus and malware technologies are maintained and work properly.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware, software, and third-party solutions for continued development and improvement of the IT infrastructure
- Manage network infrastructure to include routing, switching, wireless, and firewall technologies.
- Manage Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, and DHCP.
- Manage VMware hosts, clusters, and virtual machines.
- Manage SAN devices and storage provisioning.
- Manage application delivery for all web systems utilizing Windows, Linux, IIS, and Apach
- Research and implement tools and solutions that facilitate the automation of IT infrastructure tasks. This can include network changes, virtual machine management, patching, or software deployments.
- Will be required to act as a team lead or project manager when appropriate.
- Will be required to manage, maintain, and develop vendor relations
- Will be required to train and mentor other members of the technical team.
- Will be required to document project activities, system interruptions, hardware/software configurations, and change management activities.
- Collaborate with others in the IT team to deliver service requests and projects by established due dates.
- Stay abreast of changes within the IT department and the University business systems and process
- Projects a professional and courteous image of the overlying position and the IT Department to all internal and external customers.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5+ years’ experience required
- Baccalaureate or Graduate degree in technology related field preferred
- Certifications such as Security+, Cisco certifications, Network+, MCSE/MCITP, Linux+, RHCE or others a plus
- Advanced experience with Windows and Linux server platforms.
- Advanced experience with Apache, Tomcat, IIS web server platforms
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SAN’s
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Load balancers.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 administration including Active Directory, WSUS, IIS, DNS, clustering, Group Policy, DHCP, and PowerShell scripting.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with installing frameworks such as .NET, Ruby on Rails, LAMP stacks, Oracle Application Server,
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 load balancers, and TCP/IP networking, CIDR addressing, subnetting, and
- Intermediate to advanced experience with VMware and working with virtualized servers.
Grantham University is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.