Mainframe Systems Programmer
- Deploy and support the mainframe infrastructure and application stack.
- Provide technical expertise and oversight to the production control environment including schedule review, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Assist in triage and troubleshooting of mainframe development and production application problems.
- Coordinate activities with multiple technical parties including application development, 3rd party support, network, and security administrators.
- Coordinate projects related to patches, software/hardware implementations and upgrades.
- 10 years Mainframe Operating System (z/OS) and batch processing support experience in a mainframe environment.
- Hardware and Software installation experiences with large IBM platforms.
- Working knowledge of batch processing management tools.
- Experience with SMP/e.
- Some ISV installation and maintenance experience.
- Performance reporting using SAS
- Capacity planning
- Strong working knowledge of mainframe based scheduling, change management and code vaulting utilities/tools.
- Strong working knowledge of supporting mainframe technology (z/OS, z-Series HW, SW)
- Advanced knowledge of IBM and ISV program product including installation, maintenance, support, usage and problem determination techniques.
- Strong knowledge of MF program products and vendor management and negotiation capabilities.
- Experience with storage software, including SMS, HSM, and TMS(CA1) or equivalent.
- Advanced problem determination and solving skills including but not limited to MF OS, program products, HW, DASD, USS, SMF, Parallel Sysplex.
- Advanced knowledge of processing/monitoring tools (TMS, ASG Scheduling, BMC Monitoring, Macro4, SAS, SyncSort, Zeke/Zena).
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with our downtown Kansas City, MO client. Excellent medical/dental benefits and annual bonus opportunity. H1-B Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. No third-parties, please.