Microsoft Dynamics GP Senior Software Engineer
Apply Here: Microsoft Dynamics GP Senior Software Engineer | Ascend Learning Career Opportunities (ultipro.com)
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principle realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Ascend Learning is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with financial operations and Microsoft Dynamics GP experience to join our Enterprise Applications team in the Leawood, KS office.
This individual will work as part of an Agile team performing various engineering tasks including GP system enhancements, platform upgrades, new solution or plugin implementations, development supporting integrations with other systems, and ongoing maintenance. These are high visibility projects that touch many aspects of the Ascend Learning business.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Implement and enhance the suite of Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP applications and 3rd party add-ons to enable the grow of Ascend Learning’s business
- Advocate and encourage the utilization of the Microsoft Dynamics GP applications and its feature/functionality to all business units
- Work as part of cross-functional business & technical teams to design scalable solutions to complex problems
- Develop requirements definitions as necessary to be used to develop custom applications to meet business process requirements that cannot be met using the existing Microsoft Dynamics GP application
- Participate in the evaluation of new solutions to meet business requirements
- Design integration interfaces between Microsoft Dynamics GP and various source systems of financial transactions
- Analyze and resolve complex issues regarding application functionality
- Analyze and resolve complex data integrity issues
- Provide help-desk support for business applications questions and support issues as needed
- Develop functional and technical knowledge of other complimentary financial systems that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP, such as Hyland Perceptive and Nortridge Loan Software, to assist in help-desk support
- Develop test plans for use in piloting and testing new applications and version upgrades
- Develop and deliver applications training for end users
- Work with Platform Analysts/Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Develop effective presentations to describe the potential uses and benefits of business processes enabled by using the enterprise applications
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting to support production issues and participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments and be willing to support deployments outside of normal working hours.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials (GL, AR, AP), SOP, Inventory, Fixed Assets, SQL server setup & application server setup
- 3+ years completing full software development life cycle from developing a detailed roadmap to roadmap implementation using agile principles.
- Understanding and experience in an agile-based development methodology or similar formal methodologies.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures. Experience working in a finance or accounting department preferred.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Dynamics GP in a multi-user environment.
- Experience with integration tools and 3rd party add-on modules
- Experience using GP customization tools
- Experience with various reporting tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Writer, Management Reporter & Power BI
- Skilled at translating business requirements into technical designs and vice versa.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Comfortable communicating with both business and engineering leaders.
- Experience in mentoring other technical resources in developing software solutions
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Dynamics GP Certification preferred
Candidates should be aware that Ascend Learning currently maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Ascend Learning is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law. Exceptions to the vaccine requirement may apply for employees living or working in Montana.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.