Artisan is committed to building quality solutions for our clients.? It is our core belief that creating quality software requires a good team of testers to break what we build so we can make it better.? Test Engineers at Artisan are more than manual testers – we believe in automation and repeatability.?
As a Test Engineer for Artisan, you will be responsible for understanding the vision, business drivers, and problems of our clients to create a suite of both manual and automation tests to ensure the solution meets the client’s objectives.? The Test Engineer also uses their knowledge to communicate test criteria and testability to development teams to influence better design, bug prevention strategies, privacy policies and to incorporate the run of tests as part of the CI/CD development process.?
- Creates and assists in the development and execution of automated tests
- Performs risk analysis, determines the highest value test, writes the test, and executes the test
- Identifies issues found, logs them into issue tracking, troubleshoots the boundaries and reproduction steps of the issue, and escalates when necessary
- Creates and maintains testing evidence for each test as proof of execution and validation
- Performs root cause analysis on any defects found and evaluates testing effectiveness to ensure improvement in the testing process
- Creates executable test documents to be shared with engineering teams
- Participates in development projects to ensure timely functional decision-making, documentation, and oversight
- Creates Quality Assurance focused reference materials for solution capabilities, for example, help pages, on-boarding documents, configuration files, marketing materials, release notes, etc.
- Understand and sign off on functional implications of specific design decisions
- Knowledge of development practices and patterns, as well as ex-programming experience preferred
- Experience testing front-end web applications built on Angular, React, Ionic, or similar web frameworks.
- Must bring a great attitude and a passion for your craft!
- Affinity for good technological products
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Calendar or Google Suite
- Knowledge of non-relational databases, such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch, as well as knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MSSqlServer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, CIS or Computer Engineering preferred or two years of experience in a test engineer or quality assurance role performing the functions listed
- At least 2 years of experience in automation testing desired
- Experience testing mobile applications for both iOS and Android - Native and Hybrid
- Cross-browser testing experience to ensure consistent platform experience
- Familiarity with Security Testing or Security scanning software and how to evaluate results
- Experience with Load and Performance Testing and how to evaluate the results
- Experience writing test automation scripts using tools such as Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Appium, Katalon Studio
- Experience writing test automation scripts to exercise web service endpoints
- Experience with data-driven testing
- Experience navigating and understanding the basics of Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software methodology
- Experience using JIRA, GitHub, and other defect tracking tools, as well as agile project management tools
- Familiar with automation frameworks and different framework designs
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) match
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance coverage
- 8 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off (base, increases with years of service)
- ½ day Birthday Pay
- On-site fitness center and shower
- Core values that promote integrity, empowerment, courage, innovation, community, and excellence in all we do.
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins, celebrate together often, and value work-life balance.
Ready to start innovating with one of the best teams in Kansas City? We can’t wait to start the conversation! Apply now. #BecomeAnArtisan
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Further, some of our clients require US or Naturalized Citizenship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of the position