Senior DevOps Engineer
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 95+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will support both the internal development team and the systems team to analyze requirements, design, develop, test, support, and implement both cloud and on premises services. This position will work with the development team to deploy and manage code changes. This position will also work with the systems and security teams to configure and manage cloud services and on premises servers. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: Makes decisions on non-routine matters, provides recommendations to supervisor, and refers all exceptions to supervisor.
- Career Path: Application Development Manager
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES - CORE
DEVOPS ENGINEER FAMILY - CORE
- Designs, develops, and maintains solutions to automate scalable CI/CD pipelines.
- Implements various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure.
- Administers internal tools such as Azure DevOps, GitHub, and Jira.
- Partners with IT Security to ensure systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Collaborates with developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Designs procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Works closely with development teams as subject matter expert to ensure that the automation solution supports best practices.
- Supports and builds automated processes wherever possible.
- Participates in the project management process.
- Performs root cause analysis of production errors and resolve technical issues.
- Consults with internal and external teams to build business requirements.
SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER
- Mentors junior and mid-level members of the DevOps and Development teams.
- Leads the project management process by gather requirements, documenting, and participating in prioritization conversations.
- Monitors applications and systems to ensure system is operating as expected.
- Responsible for ensuring code quality.
- Analyzes software and systems to recommend and plan installations of new systems and services.
- Works with Engineering and Systems staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, and resolve customer problems.
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Proficiency in Agile Software Development methodologies
- Knowledge of database management systems like MSSQL and Oracle
- Proficiency in Scripting Languages, preference to PowerShell
- Proficiency in Microsoft Azure Cloud concepts
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code (IaC), preference to Terraform
- Proficiency in configuring and administering version control systems (Git)
- Knowledge of source code analysis tools, preference to Checkmarx
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (Required)
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years DevOps experience (Required)
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Typically travel is not required
- Normal office environment
- Frequent activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
- Occasional activity: Standing, Walking, Bending, Reaching above Shoulder
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.