Senior IT Auditor/SOC Consultant (REMOTE)
We are seeking a (Remote) IT Auditor/Senior SOC Consultant to support our Risk Consulting practice in strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities. The Senior Consultant is responsible for planning and executing information technology audits, client risk assessments and GRC Advisory engagements for our rapidly expanding client portfolio. As such, the Senior Consultant is charged with assisting in various facets of the core business including, but not limited to, documentation assistance, project management, participation in sales meetings, proposal writing, audit procedures and other consulting engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting, IT or a related field
- At least three (3+) years of relevant experience in IT security, attestation/advisory or IT auditing, preferably from a large national consulting or CPA firm
- Focused experience leading SOC audits (SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, SOC for Cybersecurity)
- Led external audits, walkthroughs and controls testing for SOC engagements
- Familiar with audit documentation requirements for public accounting firms like BARR that issue SOC reports
- May (or may not) have some experience training audit staff on the completion of a SOC engagement
- Working knowledge and technical experience with Windows OS, Linux, AWS, GCP, Azure, and SQL Server
- Familiarity with tools, such as GSuite, JIRA, Confluence, Slack
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary time-management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Must be a team player, passionate about the BARR mission and have an innovative mindset
- Self starter with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, at times with well-defined goals, but limited formal procedures/structure
- CPA/CISA Certification preferred
- 25-40% travel (over the course of the year) to client locations, including California, Salt Lake City, Kansas City, New York, Atlanta and South Florida; most engagements requiring travel take place just Tuesday through Thursday
- Working from home or an office location of your choice when not traveling
- Monthly reimbursement for home office/equipment + cell phone reimbursement
- Competitive salary, incentive-based compensation, paid holidays
- Variable compensation bonus
- Generous 401k plan with employer matching
- Stock Appreciation Rights
- FREE health coverage, including dental, through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
- Opportunity to earn various industry certifications (CPA, CISA, ISO Assessor, CISA, PCI QSA)
- AmEx Platinum Benefits
- Work-life balance: BARR associates enjoy 5 weeks paid time off
- Fun, collaborative environment with a tight-knit team
Full time/regular Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BARR Advisory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship to work in the US, now or in the future. We are also not in a position to consider candidates that currently reside outside of the United States.
About BARR Advisory
At BARR Advisory, we exist to simplify the path to security and compliance for a more secure world. We specialize in cybersecurity and compliance for SaaS companies using AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. With nearly 100% client retention rate, BARR’s 75+ cloud-based clients trust us as their cybersecurity advisor. Businesses looking for the accessibility of a boutique firm with the tools and expertise of a global consulting firm will find a partner in us. We go beyond the compliance checklist and take a comprehensive, risk-based approach to assessment — adding value with each client engagement.