Senior Network Design Engineer
Responsible for all information technology activities of the company including:
- Maintaining and supporting network systems to ensure overall availability
- Monitoring systems and troubleshooting problems, document network design changes
- Participate in the recommendation and implementation of Product and Service solutions
- Participate in the creation or revision of technical standards and departmental policies
- Propose and recommend solutions for improving Enterprise LAN/WAN Infrastructure
- Report on problems, developments, issues, and activities related to systems
- Work with vendor support organizations for troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Coach and provide knowledge transfer with peers
- Some travel required (up to 10% based on project requirements)
- On-call services after normal business hours
- Cisco router and switching administration
- Knowledge of Juniper switches
- Knowledge of IPSEC VPN configuration/administration
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- MES Certification
- Cisco CCNP advanced
- Python scripting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Network Engineer in Telecommunications
- Working knowledge of various monitoring tools (Wireshark, Solarwinds, SNMP, Netflow)
- Experience supporting production/enterprise networks with high availability SLAs
- Demonstrable skills in the following: DNS, HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, DWDM, STP, and L2 switching.
- CCNA or CCNP preferred, not required.
- Network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Availability to work after hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills necessary in Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Work in an office environment; sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; use hands to grasp and reach; occasionally stoop or kneel; see, hear, and speak with sufficient acuity to successfully perform all aspects of the job; use telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; lift up to sixty pounds of weight. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.