Senior Systems Engineer - Collaboration
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 95+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Senior Systems Engineer for collaboration technologies will design, install, administer, support, and maintain information tech systems related to collaboration technologies in use across the company. This position will be responsible for providing specifications, analyzing, and recommending solutions to problems, and providing specifications for new products and services. This position will be an expert on their area including troubleshooting, design and implementation of assigned disciplines, which could include Security, Network, Infrastructure, and applications/database. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: Makes decisions on non-routine matters, provides recommendations to supervisor, and refers all exceptions to supervisor.
- Career Path: Various
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING FAMILY - CORE
- Researches new technologies by attending seminars, reading blogs, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Subject matter expert for a variety of IT related systems or applications.
- Train end users or peers on particular applications, services, devices, or concepts.
- Evaluates systems applicability to company’s environment.
- Arranges system implementations, including design, project management, vendor management, testing, documentation, launch, and turnover to operations.
- Manages systems lifecycle, including upgrades and decommissioning.
- Troubleshoots issues and serves as escalation point for IT department.
- Coordinates with vendor and company personnel to facilitate purchases, installation, maintenance, and operations of assigned technologies.
- Evaluates and solves complex systems issues.
- Makes recommendations and helps implement tactical technology solutions to ensure project success.
- Provides administration and support for multiple technical environments.
- Maintains hardware and build standards to include fault tolerance, high availability, maximum performance, and disaster recovery.
- Writes and maintains scripts for monitoring, capacity planning, backups, and recovery.
- Collaborates with other IT team members and business units to define requirements and implement new collaboration systems to meet the growing needs of the business.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Acts as escalation contact and subject matter expert for collaboration technologies including but not limited to, Microsoft Teams for end users, Microsoft Teams Rooms, Conference rooms, Digital Signage systems, End User and Conference Room peripheral standards, and Teams Voice Phone System.
- Motivating and mentoring team members on technical and methodology characteristics.
- Lead technical resource for design and implementation of projects within department staff as well as contracted support.
- Develop operating procedures for systems and solutions on collaboration technologies, including authoring IT knowledge base articles for both current state operations and design of assigned collaboration technologies as well as support articles for the helpdesk and end user self-service.
- Train and engage operations and support personnel on production solutions for collaboration technologies.
- Advise on trends and emerging technology solutions, relevant to business growth in relation to collaboration technologies with a strong focus on Microsoft Teams updates for users and conference rooms and how we can utilize collaboration technology capabilities.
- Engineer valued solutions that enable and protect our business.
- Inspires a sense of team in the work environment. Utilizes communication and conflict resolution skills to help foster teamwork and collaboration. Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude, maintaining composure under pressure.
- Deep level understanding of the OSI model, network technologies, and monitoring solutions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to solve technical issues.
- Thorough knowledge of networking and telecommunications.
- Listening skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (Preferred)
- In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be considered.
- 8+ Years systems engineering experience (Required)
- 3+ Years of Microsoft Teams (End User & Conference Room) architecture deployment, and operations experience. (Preferred)
- 1+ Years of Digital Experience (Preferred)
At JE Dunn, our approach to benefits means caring for the whole person, and it begins with a comprehensive benefits program that meets families' needs. We offer competitive and award-winning benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to email@example.com
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.