Sr. Network Engineer - Palo Alto
We are an employee benefit company that provides high quality group benefits to our clients. We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer with significant experience in Palo Alto. This person will provide day-to-day firewall requests. In addition, they will be responsible for firewall rules, software updates and configurations. This is a senior position that will have responsibility for the firewall.
- Manage and coordinate deployment, development, and expansion of the Technology Operations environment.
- Identify potential problems with delivery of operational services and develops solutions.
- Understand the quality improvement process and create new processes and documentation.
- Estimate schedules
- Stay focused on key issues and efficient in time use.
- Produce the desired outcome with a minimum of effort.
- Serve as technical resource for departmental and company-wide IT solutions.
- Provide some Tier-3 support for Service Desk and Tier-2 Support for system administrators.
- Monitor system stability and capacity in relation to licensed limits and assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for future infrastructure needs.
- Maintain knowledge of associated company management software, architectures, and telecommunication products and services.
- Provide monitoring and reporting of Technology Operations for more complex systems.
- 4-8 years of experience implementing, configuring, and administering networking environments in a large, managed environment.
- Expert level experience in supporting and maintaining Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco (CCNP preferred).
- Ability to estimate schedules.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or qualified technology certifications in network, systems, or other related certifications.
This is a 6-month Contract-to-Hire with our Lee's Summit, MO client. 100% Paid employee Medical/Dental Benefits, Paid time off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) (with immediately-vested company match) available with TriCom during the contract period. H1-B Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. No third-parties, please.