SR QA Engineer
As a Sr. QA Engineer for Artisan, you will be responsible for understanding the vision, business drivers, and problems of our clients to create a suite of both manual and automation tests to ensure the solution meets the client’s objectives.? The Sr. QA Engineer also uses their knowledge to communicate test criteria and testability to development teams to influence better design, bug prevention strategies, privacy policies, to incorporate the run of tests as part of the CI/CD development process, and to guide other QA in best testing practices.?
- Creates and guides in the development and execution of automated testing for a client.
- Performs risk analysis, determines the highest value test, writes the test and executes the test.
- Guide other QA members on quality assurance best practices.
- Identifies issues found, logs them into issue tracking, troubleshoots the boundaries and reproduction steps of the issue, and escalates when necessary.
- Creates and maintains testing evidence for each test as proof of execution and validation.
- Performs root cause analysis on any defects found and evaluates testing effectiveness to ensure improvement in the testing process.
- Creates executable test documents to be shared with engineering teams.
- Participates in development projects to ensure timely functional decision-making, documentation, and oversight.
- Creates Quality Assurance focused reference materials for solution capabilities, for example, help pages, on-boarding documents, configuration files, marketing materials, release notes, etc.
- Understand and sign off on functional implications of specific design decisions.
- Knowledge of development practices and patterns, as well as ex-programming experience preferred.
- Experience in working with automation frameworks and designs.
- Experience testing front-end web applications built on Angular, React, Ionic, or similar web frameworks.
- Experience in working with back-end web applications. (API’s)
- Must bring a great attitude and a passion for your craft!
- Knowledge of non-relational databases, such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch, as well as knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MSSqlServer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, CIS, or Computer Engineering preferred or two years of experience in a test engineer or quality assurance role performing the functions listed.
- At least 5 years of experience in automation testing desired. Experience writing test automation scripts using tools such as Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Appium, Katalon Studio.
- At least 7 years of quality assurance manual testing experience.
- Experience testing mobile applications for both iOS and Android - Native and Hybrid.
- Cross-browser testing experience to ensure consistent platform experience.
- Familiarity with Security Testing or Security scanning software and how to evaluate results.
- Experience with Load and Performance Testing and how to evaluate the results.
- Experience writing test automation scripts to exercise web service endpoints.
- Experience with data-driven testing.
- Experience navigating and understanding the basics of Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android operating systems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software methodology.
- Experience using JIRA, GitHub, and other defect tracking tools, as well as agile project management tools.
- Previous experience in Account Management, Project Management, or Product Management within the IT consulting industry (software development preferred).
- Tech-savvy and aware of the latest technology trends, ideally with knowledge and understanding of the SDLC.
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) match (up to 4%)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Employer-paid life and AD&D insurance coverage
- Voluntary additional Life and AD&D insurance coverage
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- 8 paid holidays (2 floating holidays to use as you desire, this includes paid time off)
- 15 days paid time off (base, increases with years of service)
- ½ day Birthday Pay
- On-site fitness center and shower
- Full kitchen on-site
- Dry cleaning pickup and drop off
- Heartstrings Goody Delivery
- All the coffee and flavored water your heart desires
- Core values that promote integrity, empowerment, courage, innovation, community, and excellence in all we do
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins, celebrate together often, and value work-life balance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of the position.