Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 95+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Support Technician will provide support for the organization’s computer end users. This position will be responsible for providing instruction to end users, repairing hardware and software malfunctions, and performing desktop system installations and upgrades. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: Follow directions and refers all exceptions to supervisor.
- Career Path: Senior Support Technician
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES - CORE
End User Support FAMILY – CORE
- Identifies, researches and solves basic end user inquiries regarding PC and telephony issues, utilizing phone and remote control software.
- Creates and assigns work orders in the IT ticketing system, and documents resolutions.
- Prepares equipment for employee use, installing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, problems, remedial actions taken and installation activities.
- Provides instructions regarding proper use of hardware and software systems as they are deployed to end users.
- Performs hardware and software repairs, maintenance, and upgrades and maintains asset records.
- Researches new desktop hardware and software and performs testing on potential configuration changes.
- Serves as liaison between the manufacturer’s support representative and the end user.
- Coordinates technical aspect of office moves.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES - ADDITIONAL CORE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Listening skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of personal computer software including operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of PC components and associated hardware
- Ability to solve technical issues
- Knowledge of networking and telecommunications
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related field (Required)
- In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be considered.
0 -2 years previous help desk or desktop experience (Preferred)
At JE Dunn, our approach to benefits means caring for the whole person, and it begins with a comprehensive benefits program that meets families' needs. We offer competitive and award-winning benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.