In this unprecedented time, great, customer service focused, IT professionals are even more important!
Are you an autonomous, self-directed individual who enjoys working with people in a fast-paced environment? Are you the go to person for solving technical problems? Do you like solving problems (even the ones that involve people)? Have you been identified as a leader in team settings in the past? The Purple Guys, a progressive IT Support company, is expanding our team in Kansas City and seeking an experienced System Administrator.
This position will be a lead technical/project resource in the Kansas City area as we grow and expand our team. You will be responsible for providing world class IT support for our customers in a variety of ways. You will be providing onsite support as well as project implementation for our Kansas City based customers. You will be supported by our current 43 person team based in Kansas City and St. Louis including our 20 person remote service team and 10 person project support team.
You will be sent a culture survey after applying. The survey must be filled out in order to move forward in the process.
- Serve on the Field Services Team in our Kansas City office, providing support for multiple customers in the metro Kansas City area
- Participate in the scoping and creation of project plans
- Perform the actual project execution with the support of other team members as needed
- Serve as an escalation resource for the Remote Services team
- Work with scheduling to ensure projects are completed on-time
- Conduct daily project team debrief conference call
- Participate in Customer Meetings and travel to customer sites as needed
- Assist with pre-sales project scoping as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or experience preferred
- 5+ years providing:
- Strong Microsoft Server Support (Experience integrating Mac is a plus)
- Experience working with Office 365, Exchange and SQL
- Networking experience, including working with Sophos/Cisco/Sonicwall switches and firewalls
- Desired Certifications: Microsoft Certification(s), Security+, A+, Network+, CCNA
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle competing priorities
- High degree of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Positive attitude