Senior Front-End Engineer
DI exists to relieve the world of mediocre experiences and to create remarkable ones. Our people make the remarkable possible through an unwavering display of uncommon commitment each day.
Reporting to the VP of Product Dev, this role is a key member of the DI Product team. With both digital and physical space executions, DI creates purpose-driven experiences with the help of a wide array of creative talent. The Senior Front-End Engineer will partner with the product team to manage scope and control risk, on applications while focused on enhancing the user experience by building intuitive user interfaces for a variety of front-end technology products.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to plan and scope projects and create new experiences across multiple platforms including desktop and mobile
- Work with product team to implement new concepts from idea to execution
- Architect, develop, test and ship customer facing code that meet performance and quality standards
- Lead troubleshooting and refine approach or refactoring code as needed
- Self-directs and performs at a high level in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment, experience at a startup is a plus
- Mentor other developers with code reviews and technical feedback
- Front-End Experience:
- Canvas API
- Testing Experience:
- Ability to develop testing strategies and code to ensure quality of work.
- Familiar with all types of testing, from end-to-end to unit.
- Server-Side Experience:
- Python (Django, Django REST Framework)
- Node.js (Express, Websockets)
- Platform Technology Experience:
- AWS (S3/IAM/Route53)
- Heroku (Or experience with other platforms-as-a-service)
- General Abilities & Expectations
- Able to manage shifting priorities
- Can design to integrated systems
- Stays current and pursues learning about leading edge technologies
- Has great communication skills and enjoys collaborating with others
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with video or audio streaming services, such as Twilio, is a plus
- Familiar with web sockets and real-time development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent work experience
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
If you love challenges, solving problems, and collaborating with teammates and can operate comfortably in a fast-paced, non-traditional design/build environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please. A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/careers.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, providing transparency into company performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid drivers license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and depends on diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences