Who We Are
Netrality Data Centers is a growing private-equity backed owner-operator of strategic interconnection properties. Currently located in five metropolitan markets, Netrality continues to acquire strategic network interconnection data centers and develop Meet Me Rooms within those properties to offer the highest quality and lowest cost to direct network interconnections in the market.
Who We Need
Our Kansas City, MO location has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer to manage the data center engineering operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all high-level engineering and maintenance needs, developing department-wide initiatives, defining scopes of work on large-scale projects and partnering with property managers, and client staff to meet annual performance goals.
Primary responsibility is to provide leadership and direction for the efficient operations and maintenance of all facility electrical, mechanical, structural, and life safety. The specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to Employee Management and Development, customer satisfaction, staff productivity and efficiency.
Netrality is a close-knit team of A-players. This is a great opportunity for the right person to establish efficiencies and best practice enterprise-wide, with the potential for growth of the function over time.
Description of Responsibilitie
- Preparation of detailed budgets for engineering operations
- Provides contract compliance management and quality control
- Supervision of staff, with input on selection, counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, termination, and other personnel actions.
- Oversees training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations and maintenance staff.
- Develop and deliver training methods, materials and programs relative to building operating standards.
- Understands the engineering design and operations aspects of data center systems and equipment.
- Manage operations, maintenance and capital improvements of all Life Safety, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Security and Elevator Systems.
- Identify cost savings opportunities within the maintenance program while maintaining 100% up time.
- Analyze equipment downtime ramification and develops Emergency Response Action Plans (ERAP) in the event of equipment failure.
- Coordinate activities of vendors and contractors
- Maintain client relationship and conflict resolution
- Conduct quarterly maintenance inspections and work order audits. Document corresponding reports and next steps.
- Create and implement site specific Standing Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Train and engage staff on procedures.
- Assist, as needed, on-site maintenance staff in the diagnosis of problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, dry walling and more.
- Degree in Data Center/Facilities Management or Stationary Engineering, related discipline or equivalent facilities experience and training
- 10+ years facilities engineering experience with responsibility for leading teams and maximizing productivity in multiple sites
- Extensive electrical, mechanical & plumbing knowledge of commercial facilities with a very strong background in critical data center operations including emergency/stand-by generators, automatic transfer switches, un-interruptible power supply (UPS) systems, power distribution systems, UPS batteries, etc.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, recommend and execute creative solutions and plan for contingencies
- Demonstrated leadership, people management and client relationship skills. Experience with union and non-union staff, highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and obtain buy-in from internal and external clients, and executives
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation and change management skills
- Technically proficient in data center operations, including Building Management Systems, Life Safety Systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Business acumen, including financial planning, analysis, and budgeting
- Follow all current emergency procedures set forth by Netrality and the assigned property
- Experience working independently as well as collaboratively; effectively managing priorities while meeting hard deadlines
- Highest ethical and professional conduct and integrity
- Adhere to all guidelines and expectations set forth in company’s corporate handbook
Netrality Management Co., LLC and its affiliate companies are equal opportunity employers, abiding by all federal, state, and local laws and employment regulations. Netrality Management Co., LLC does not discriminate on the basis of any protected classes and encourages being a provider of an inclusive and diverse workplace.