Right of Way Manager
UPN is looking to hire a Right of Way Manager for our Corporate Real Estate group in Kansas City. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company providing tremendous career development and opportunity. You will be the primary contact with new and existing municipalities and property owners in which Unite Private Networks has network and intends to build network. The position reports to the VP Real Estate and holds responsibility for negotiation and acquisition of right of way access and property access rights.
- Identifies public and private land ownership.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes ROW and other access requirements.
- Negotiates the acquisition of right of way and other property interests, as necessary to accommodate the construction, operation, and maintenance of the network.
- Ensures that operations crews have unobstructed access and work with property owners, (public and private), to resolve any construction access issues that may arise.
- Documents right of way related cost associated with land easement acquisitions, (public and private).
- Drafts, reviews, analyzes, interprets all land and right of way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, (not including project specific work permits).
- Serves as liaison between internal departments, cities, counties, etc., in support of ROW acquisition.
- Manages contract expiration and renewal process.
- Interprets language surrounding bonds and certificates of insurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree
- Knowledge of all aspects of right-of-way, including project management, acquisition, title, permitting, budgeting, cost forecasting, due diligence, public relations, community outreach and solid understanding of general regulatory and legal issues, including permitting nuances associated with Federal lands
- Experience negotiating and reviewing agreements
- Thorough understanding of fiber installations, pole attachment agreements, ROW permits, and construction techniques.
- Requires a professional demeanor with strong communications skills – verbal and written.
UPN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer