Sr. AV. Technologist
DI exists to relieve the world of mediocre experiences and to create remarkable ones. Our people make the remarkable possible through an unwavering display of uncommon commitment each day.
Reporting to the AV Engineering + Installation Supervisor, this role is instrumental in our AV project implementation at client sites across the country, including but not limited to initial analysis, system design, control systems programming, service, and maintenance. This is a client-facing role that is crucial to maintaining strong client relationships and liberating our customers from mediocre experiences.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS may include but are not limited to:
- Evaluates system requirements and completes AV programming to align with clients expectations and needs
- Acts as the main point of contact with clients for DIs technology department which boots on the ground assignment for certain projects
- Manages and maintains DIs interactive installations on client sites and performs pre-event walkthroughs and on-site support
- Responds promptly to emergency situations at DI job sites
- Provides training to client and their support personnel as needed
- Performs field verification and site surveys
- Participates in the installation of custom A/V projects
- Proactively anticipates issues and risks and mitigates while working closely with the Project Manager and Design Engineer. Ensures Interactive Producer and Project Manager are kept apprised of status; completes testing prior to project completion; ensures all required documentation is turned in on-time
- Inspects completed work to ensure conformance to specifications and standards
- Provides customer service and audio-visual equipment troubleshooting along with problem resolution
- Establishes positive working relationships with clients and other on-site personnel
- Participates in weekly meetings with Technology team and client team as needed (by web, phone, or in-person)
- Helps with installation as needed
- Must be able to travel at least 15+ days a month
- Working knowledge of a variety of audio, video, and control systems; including projector systems and blending, DMPs, DMXs, and similar
- Strong knowledge of cable paths and working with line drawings
- Ability to terminate cables such as category, miscellaneous, power, and most audio cables
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, communicate effectively and make sound decisions to ensure customer satisfaction
- Team player and positive attitude, great communication skills and a professional image
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Great multitasking and organizational skills
- 5+ years of experience within a technology and installation role required
- Experience with Crestron equipment required; Crestron programming experience a plus
- Experience fabricating and working with hand tools required
- Experience with commercial AV or High-End Residential AV is a plus including LCD and direct view LED video walls
- Experience with networking and understanding of IP address changes and admin changes for internet environments (Chrome, Explorer, etc.) required
- CTS Certification a plus
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Permission to play at DI starts with the ability to be a team player, possess a positive attitude while under a tight deadline and demonstrate an uncommon commitment to your work. Please visit our website (www.dimin.com) to see some of the amazing work we do!
This is an hourly (non-exempt) position with a full benefit package including 401k with a company match. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please. A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/careers.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, provide transparency into company performance and directly tie daily behavior to impact DIs performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid drivers license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DI depends on the diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences for all.