Volunteer with PREP-KC | Various Opportunities
PREP-KC supports students in Kansas City's school districts and charter schools serving the largest numbers of students of color and students impacted by poverty to prepare them for success after high school and develop their future aspirations. PREP-KC is looking for volunteers from any college and career background to share industry skills, experience, and information with students across the bi-state Kansas City region. You can help prepare students for the workforce and postsecondary success by sharing your experience and career pathway.
Here’s how you can help:
- Client-Connected Projects:
PREP-KC is seeking volunteers & business partners willing to support students in a Pathways to Tech program who are interested in working on a Client Connected Project. Business partners will be asked to identify a project students can work on, with the support of their instructor. PREP-KC is hosting a virtual workshop on Oct. 19 from 1:30-3:00 for potentially interested business partners to learn more and support individuals in coming up with a possible project for students. Click here to sign-up for the workshop or reach out to Beth McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- In-School Events:
- Participate in general career day events to talk with multiple classrooms or groups of students for 8-15 minutes a piece about their career pathway and how school is relevant to their future.
- Conduct mock interviews at Employability Skills events to prepare students for interview opportunities.
- Volunteer at Ignite events to provide hands-on experiences designed to expose students to a range of high-quality career pathways through interactive booths
- Volunteer Experiences:
- Volunteer for virtual classroom interactions to connect with classrooms to share your expertise and experience with students.
- Workplace Visits:
- Host students at your workplace to participate in customized, hands-on visits to learn about the career paths available in that industry and practice critical employability skills.
There are many opportunities to volunteer with PREP-KC across a variety of ages from elementary to high school students. Click to see their website for details and regularly scheduled events or reach out to Candace at email@example.com for more information.